Cleaning the glass without removing the oven door
To see what each step looks like, just click each step and check out the picture. You can also use the arrow keys on your keyboard.
- 1. Turn the cooker off at the mains power.
- 2. Ensure the oven is cool before you start.
- 3. Open the oven door.
- 4. To access the glass, the door top plate will have to be removed. This is held in place by two screws.
- 5. Remove the screws.
- 6. Pull the door top plate away.
- 7. Very carefully slide the glass out from the door chassis.
- 8. Place the glass on a flat surface covered in a towel before attempting to clean the glass. Clean the glass with warm soapy water and dry it afterwards with a soft non-abrasive dry cloth.For glass that is heavily soiled you can use a specialist oven glass cleaner. Follow the instructions on the cleaning product.
- 9. Very carefully replace the glass.
- 10. Put the door top plate back onto the door.
- 11. Replace the screws.
- 12. Close the oven door.
- 13. Turn the cooker on at the mains power.