Positioning the cooker
To see what each step looks like, just click each step and check out the picture. You can also use the arrow keys on your keyboard.
- 1. Install the cooker in a dry, well ventilated room.
- 2. Ensure the cooker is positioned on a firm level base and correctly balanced.
For more information, see the Adjusting the feet topic.
- 3. Ensure there are no flammable or combustible materials close to the cooker such as curtains, clothing or oil.
- 4. Check that worktop and furniture surrounding the cooker are made of materials which are resistant to temperatures above 100°C.
- 5. If the cupboards in the kitchen are higher than the top of the hob, ensure there is at least 100mm away from the sides of the cooker for air circulation.
- 6. Ensure there is at least 20mm distance between the back wall and the cooker.
- 7. Any fitted extractor fan must be at least 650mm above the hob.
- 8. If no extractor fan is fitted, the minimum distance between the hob and any cabinet must be at least 700mm.
Ensure there is at least 420mm distance from any storage device above the cooker.