Removing the doors and cleaning the glass
To see what each step looks like, just click each step and check out the picture. You can also use the arrow keys on your keyboard.
Always turn the cooker off at the mains power before you start any cleaning or maintenance.
Do not use cleaners that contain particles, abrasive cleaning powders, caustic creams, wire wool or sharp metal tools as they may damage the cooker surface.
Always wear rubber gloves.
Before cleaning the oven door glass, the oven door must be removed.
Turn the cooker off at the mains power.
Ensure the oven has cooled down before proceeding.
Open the top oven door.
Locate the saddle brackets on either side of the open door.
Using a screwdriver lift the saddle bracket to the open position.
Close the top oven door until its almost completely closed.
Pull the top oven door up and away from the cooker.
Clean the glass on the top oven door using a soft non-abrasive cloth with warm soapy water. Dry afterwards with a soft non-abrasive dry cloth.For glass that is heavily soiled you can use a specialist oven glass cleaner. Follow the instructions on the cleaning product.
- 9. To remove the lower door, locate the top supporting hinge bolt.
- 10. Support the main oven door and remove the hinge bolt.
- 11. When the hinge bolt is removed, the door will drop down so you can tilt it forward and remove it.
- 12. To access the glass, the door top plate will have to be removed. This is held in place by two screws.
- 13. Remove the screws.
- 14. Lift the door top plate away.
- 15. Very carefully remove the glass.
Place the glass on a flat surface covered in a towel before attempting to clean the glass. Clean the glass with warm soapy water and dry it afterwards with a soft non-abrasive dry cloth.For glass that is heavily soiled you can use a specialist oven glass cleaner. Follow the instructions on the cleaning product.
- 17. Very carefully replace the glass.
- 18. Put the door top plate back onto the door.
- 19. Replace the screws.
- 20. Place the main oven door onto the lower hinge and lift it into position.
- 21. Support the main oven door and replace the hinge bolt.
Lift the top oven door and locate the notch on the underside of the hinge onto the front of the oven.
Open the top oven door.
Using a screwdriver push the saddle bracket back to the closed position.
Close the top oven door.
Turn the cooker on at the mains power.